This is an old revision of the document!
Our virtual phone network - EPVPN - can be seen as a long term event in between all the other events. Why? Stay connected in between events while keeping your pseudonymity intact.
= Quickstart =
- Go to EPVPN –> new extension
- Configure your SIP client as described below
- PSTN dialin: +49 221 59619 XXXX
- VoIP dialin: sip:XXXX@hg.eventphone.de
- SIP proxy: <b>hg.eventphone.de</b>
- SIP username: <b>your extension number</b>, e.g. 1234
- SIP password: your password as listed on eventphone.de
- SIP port: 5060 UDP or Port 5061 TCP/TLS
- RTP ports: dynamically assigned between 10000 and 20000
- Behind NAT? Don't forget to send keep-alive packets every minute or so.
PSTN Dialplan integration (Germany)
Users of PSTN numbers may configure <b>01999</b> as prefix for eventphone, which is set up to loop back to itself - so e.g. 01999-0310 will be reduced to 0310. This loopback feature comes in handy when configuring devices such as the Fritz!BOX that can switch between VoIP providers based upon different prefix numbers.
The German numbering plan reserves a range (0198 - 0199) as prefix for network internal routing. Thus the prefix 01999 should not conflict with any assigned national prefix. (see http://www.bundesnetzagentur.de/SharedDocs/Downloads/DE/BNetzA/Sachgebiete/Telekommunikation/Regulierung/Nummernverwaltung/Nummerierungskonzept/Nummerierungskonzept2011pdf.pdf page 83 for further information)
- 0…→ prefixes and routing
- 0310→ network announcement
- 10xx→ reserved for hacker spaces (call us if you need one)
- 11xx - 1999→ reserved for future use
- 20xx→ reserved for PoC
- 2100 - 6999→ ordinary user extensions
- 8xxx→ IVR, Scripts, announcements, automated responses
- 7… and 9…→ reserved for future use
FAQ and Troubleshooting
- <b>Port 5061 SIPS TLS Certificate?</b> - subject `C=DE,O=Eventphone,OU=EPVPN,CN=hg.eventphone.de', issuer `C=DE,O=Eventphone,OU=EPVPN,CN=hg.eventphone.de', RSA key 2048 bits, signed using RSA-SHA, activated `2012-09-18 18:22:16 UTC', expires `2022-09-16 18:22:20 UTC', SHA-1 fingerprint `50988efc6a0af552f4ccfa4826b5d9c395fd5a28'
- 2009-12-04: first successful test call
- 2009-12-18: first successful test call with NAT 2 NAT
- 2009-12-18: start of public test phase
- 2009-12-27 - 30: heavy testing during 26C3
- 2010-02-01: end of public test phase and final setup
- 2012-09-17: migration to new voip server software
- 2013-02-05: SIP over TLS (and SRTP) on hg.eventphone.de port 5061
- 2016-10-14: still up and running.